A Tornado Watch means that climatic conditions are conducive to the formation of violent rotating wind accompanied by a funnel-shaped cloud(s). Listen for weather advisories and take reasonable precautions to protect life and property.
A Tornado Warning means that a funnel cloud has been sighted in the area. Listen for warning sirens and take shelter immediately until the danger is over.
If a Tornado is imminent, follow these procedures:
- Keep abreast of weather conditions via radio or television.
- Clear desks, tables, and windowsills of unsecured items..
- Move easily moveable furniture and office equipment away from window. Close all doors.
- Tenant Wardens move occupants of his/her space to the core areas of the buildings (corridors, elevator lobbies).
- If your company decides to evacuate the building, the Tenant Contact notifies the Building Management office of your intention to do so.
- Notify the Building Management office at 346-404-0480 of all severe leaks, fires, structural damage, etc., during or after.