Fire Prevention Rules
All employees shall observe the following fire prevention rules:
- Keep stairwell doors closed at all times except during evacuation to minimize spreading of fire from the “chimney” effect.
- Keep aisles clear of obstacles. Do not store equipment in aisles or block doorways. Do not block exits.
- Safeguard all flammable materials.
- Do not plug in an excessive quantity of electrical equipment. Continuous overloading of electrical lines causes insulation to become brittle and fall away from the wires. The lack of adequate insulation may cause wires to become overheated, which can readily ignite, causing a fire. Overloaded plugs or power strips should be avoided. If fuses or circuit breakers repeatedly blow out, then the circuit is probably overloaded. Request an electrician through the Management Office to determine the possible deficiency.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all areas of the building, since this is one of the most effective means of preventing fire.
- Unauthorized installation and operation of coffee makers, heating plates, microwave ovens, personal fans, and similar items must be avoided. Electric space heaters are prohibited by law.
- Property is smoke free, with the exception of the designated smoking area in the garage.
Do not use trash cans or paper disposal areas for cigarette ashes or butts. Smoking is prohibited in the building.