- Sidewalks, doorways, skyways, vestibules, halls, stairways and other similar areas shall not be obstructed by tenants or used by any tenant for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the leased premises and for going from one part of the building to another part of the building.
- Plumbing, fixtures and appliances shall be used only for the purpose for which designated, and no sweeping, rubbish, rags or other unsuitable material including toxic or flammable products shall be thrown or placed therein. Damage resulting to any such fixtures or appliances from misuse by a tenant shall be paid by him, and Landlord shall not in any case be responsible therefore.
- No sign, advertisements or notices shall be painted or affixed on or to any windows or doors or other part of the building visible from the exterior or any common area or public areas of the building. No part of the building may be defaced by tenants.
- No tenant shall place any additional lock or locks on any door in its leased area without Landlord’s written consent. Keys to the locks on the doors in each tenant’s leased area shall be furnished to each tenant per the lease agreement. Additional keys can only be obtained through the Property Management Office.
- All tenants will refer all contractors, contractor’s representatives and installation technicians tendering any service to them to Landlord for Landlord’s supervision, approval and control before the performance of any contractual services. This provision shall apply to all work performed in the building, including, but not limited to, installations of telephones, telegraph equipment, electrical devices and attachments, and any and all installations of every nature affecting floors, walls, woodwork, trim, windows, ceilings, equipment and any other physical portion of the building.
- After initial occupancy, movement in or out of the building of furniture or office equipment, or dispatch or receipt by tenants of any bulky material, merchandise or materials which require use of elevators shall be restricted to the use of the freight elevators only. Absolutely no carts or dollies are allowed through the main entrance or on passenger elevators. All non-hand carried items must be delivered via the appropriate loading dock and freight elevator.Deliveries requiring multiple hoists, such as the movement of quantities of furniture or office equipment shall be under supervision of Landlord and in the manner agreed between the tenant and Landlord by pre-arrangement before performance. Such pre-arrangement initiated by a tenant will include afterhours scheduling by Landlord, and subject to his decision and control, as to the exact time, method and routing of movement and as to limitations for safety or other concerns which may prohibit any article, equipment or any other item from being brought into the building. The tenants are to assume all risks as to the damage to articles moved and injury to persons or public engaged or not engaged in such movement, including equipment, property and personnel of Landlord if damaged or injured as a result of an act in connection with carrying out this service for a tenant, from the time of entering property to completion of work; and landlord shall not be liable for an act of said property or persons resulting from any act in connection with such service performed for a tenant.
- Landlord has authority to prescribe the weight and position of safes and other heavy equipment, which shall in all cases, distribute weight and stand on supporting devices approved by Landlord. All building damage resulting from the moving-in or installation of tenant’s shall be repaired at the expense of such tenant.
- A tenant shall notify the Property Management Office when safes or other heavy equipment are to be taken in or out of the building, and the moving shall be done under the supervision of the Property Manager, after written permit from Landlord. Persons employed to move such property must be acceptable to Landlord and meet minimum insurance requirements.
- Corridor doors, when not in use, shall be kept closed.
- Each tenant shall cooperate with Landlord’s employees in keeping its leased area neat and clean. No tenant shall employ any person for the purpose of such cleaning other than the building’s cleaning and maintenance personnel without prior approval by Landlord. Landlord shall be in no way responsible to the tenants, their agents, employees or invitees for any loss of property from the premises or public areas or for any damages to any property on the premises or public areas or for any damages to any property thereon from any cause whatsoever.
- To ensure orderly operation of the building, no ice, mineral or water, towels, newspapers, etc. shall be delivered to any leased area except by persons appointed or approved by Landlord in writing.
- Should a tenant require telegraphic, telephonic, enunciator or other communication service, Landlord will direct the electricians where and how wires are to be introduced or placed except as Landlord shall approve, which approval will not be unreasonably withheld. Electric current shall not be used for power or heating without Landlord’s prior written permission.
- Tenants shall not make or permit any improper noises in the building or otherwise interfere in any way with other tenants or persons having business with them.
- Nothing shall be swept or thrown into the corridors, halls, elevator shafts or stairways. No birds or animals (except Seeing Eye dogs) shall be brought into or kept in, on or about any tenant’s area.
- No machinery of any kind, other than normal office equipment, shall be operated by any tenant in its leased area without the prior written consent of Landlord, nor shall any tenant use, or keep in the building, any flammable or explosive fluid or substance, except in accordance with local fire codes and procedures approved by Landlord.
- No portion of any tenant’s leased area shall at any time be used or occupied as sleeping or lodging quarters.
- Landlord will not be responsible for lost or stolen personal property, money or jewelry from tenant’s leased area or public areas regardless of whether such loss occurs when area is locked against entry or not.
- Tenant will not tamper with or attempt to adjust temperature control thermostats on the premises.
- Absolutely no bicycles are to be brought into the building including through the lobby, parking garage or loading dock. Bicycles are not allowed in stairwells, passenger elevators, freight elevators.
- In accordance with the City of Houston Ordinances, the following areas in Westway Plaza are designated as No Smoking Areas:
- Building Common Area Lobbies
- Building Common Area Restrooms
- All Building Common Area Corridors
- All Stairwells
- Garage Elevator Lobbies
- The carrying of firearms of any kind in any leased premises, the building in which such premises are situated, any related garage or any related complex of buildings of which the foregoing are a part, or any sidewalks, drives or other common areas related to any of the foregoing, is prohibited except in the case of unconcealed firearms carried by licensed security personnel hired or contracted for by tenants for security of their premises as permitted by such tenants’ leases or otherwise consented to by Landlord in writing.
Landlord reserves the right to rescind any of these rules and regulations and to make such other and further rules and regulations as, in its reasonable judgement, shall, from time to time, be required for the safety, protection, care and cleanliness of the Project, the operation thereof, the preservation of good order therein and the protection and comfort of the tenants and their agents, employees and invitees. Such rules and regulations, when made and written notice thereof is given to Tenant, shall be binding upon it in like manner as if originally herein prescribed.